Saturday, June 11, 2016

Under Hyped Books Part 1

Think the title really says it all... these are books I loved and wish got the hype I think they deserve. These are books that I know have been talked about, but I don't think nearly enough.

Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino


After Matt and Grace go their separate ways they haven't seen or spoken to each other in over 15
years, until one day Matt sees Grace on a passing train. Wanting to know what happened to his college love he decides to put out a miss connection ad out. The two became fast friends when they moved into the same dorm at NYU. After an amazing and fun friendship the two take it to the next step. Things seem to be going great, until one day things change.

This book was one of the best contemporary books I've ever read. If you're looking for a sweet romance, a tear-jerker, and a book to pull on your heartstrings this might just be for you. Matt is also one of the best Male protagonist I've had the pleasure of reading. Everything from the tagline to the cover are perfect for this book.

The Devil's Intern by Donna Hosie

Mitchell Johnson was hit by a bus at age seventeen and ended up in Hell. While there he manages to snag a job as the Devil's intern. While working in his office he hears a rumor that there might be a way to get out of Hell. He teams up with his oddball group of friends in order to find a way to undo their deaths and keep from ever ending up in the underworld.

I never picked up this book thinking I was going to like it, I had simply saw a funny review about it, and figured ehhhh why not. So glad I went through with buying this. This book had me in stitches! Mitchell had this dry humor that killed me (no pun intended). Not only did this book have my sides hurting it also did something I didn't expect... it made me cry. This book managed to do all those things, while perfectly intertwining time travel. Yeah, you read that right, time travel. This is a book that took me by surprise and I (clearly) highly recommend it.

Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover


When Warren gets the chance to have a female roommate he think this could be interesting... or maybe not so much. Bridgette is cold, snarky, and has a temper to match. The two end up at each others throats and pulling pranks on one another all the time, but also in each others beds just as often.

You're probably confused as to why there is a Colleen Hoover book on this list... Well let me explain, it's because everyone talks about CoHo books and their amazingness, but I feel like I never hear people talk about Maybe Not. This is the Coho book that I've read the most. I've probably read this book ten times! This book is 100% pure sexy fun times. This is one of the funniest books I've ever read, and it's like comfort food to me. Warren is another male protagonist I can't get enough of. I would. I would give anything to have a full length Warren-Bridgette book.

Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher

Senna Richardson wakes up on her thirty-third birthday caged behind an electrical fence, locked in a house in the middle of the snow, and trapped with her ex-boyfriend trying to decode clues as to while they are there.  Senna will have to replay her life and dig deep into her past to figure out why she has been left.

This book is a total WTF! It completely messed with my mind. I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish. This book was so unique, so bizarre, so out there that I really struggle to truly express how it made me feel. On top of all that I think this book might just be one of the most quotable things I've ever read. Mud Vein is so poetic and left me speechless. Senna is one of the most interesting and complex female leads. This book wont be for everyone, but that just makes it so much better.

-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment