Saturday, October 17, 2015

Auto-Buy Authors

Awhile back we talked about our "auto buys", and we got into what draws us to buy books, may it be covers or genre... Well we never really mentioned our auto buy authors so below were going to breakdown some of our favorite auto buy authors.

Angela's:
For some reason everyone thinks my favorite author is John Green. I don't know where this started, but anytime I start talking books with someone they always say "well isn't John Green you're favorite? What would you recommend from him?". Even though I do love John Green he's not my favorite author. My all time, number one, favorite author is... Colleen Hoover. If my house was on fire and I could only save one authors books; without a doubt it would be hers. If my house was on fire and I could only save one book it would be Ugly Love! I love her books that much. I have other authors I'm going to mention but I would gladly drop any of their books if she published something while I was reading them. I have never rated one of her books lower than 5 stars on goodreads. Even her "worst" book is better than most people's best. She constantly brings something new and original to her books. They all have these beautiful-stunning-crazy insane twist, some of the most relatable characters of any author, and stunning plot-lines. I have never witnessed an author do what she does. She finds these amazing new ways to bring other forms of art into her work. In Slammed she brought us slam poetry, Maybe Someday she gave us an album to go with it, Confess she works in art, and those are only some of the amazing things she's given us. She is an author who has completely changed my life.



 My other choices are:
  • Cassandra Clare- She's excellent for anyone starting off with YA. She writes amazing action packed books. Her series only get better each book, and writes some of my favorite supporting characters. Her Mortal Instruments Series is one of my all time favorites. 
  • Rick Yancey- He is who a lot of people would consider a "gender neutral" author meaning he writes books that people wouldn't considered directed directly to one gender. And honestly I wont lie when guys ask me for book recommendations he is one of the first authors I say. Plus he does POV changes like a boss. If you haven't read The 5th Wave Trilogy you are seriously missing out. It's currently listed as the #1 most anticipated movie of 2016.
  • Jennifer L. Armentrout- She is an author who can do anything. Romance, adult, Sci-fi, Ya, paranormal... You name it she does it. My two favorite series by her are The Lux Series and The Dark Elements Trilogy.
  • Sarah J. Maas- When I want an author who writes YA but is willing to dangle the story close to Na Sarah J is my go-to girl. She writes these unbelievably strong female characters, has crazy skills when it comes to world building, and crushes romance. Both Maas and Armentrout manage to write love triangles you'll go wild for. ACOTAR and The Throne of Glass Series are flawless!
  • Christina Lauren- Need smut? Look no further than these two. They have never let me down. Much like CoHo they always bring bitchin plot twist. They are my auto-buy-go-to adult author picks. They have a ton of books out but their Wild Seasons Series is by far my favorite.
Leah's:
OK, so I promise Angela and I actually really do like vastly different things. What it boils down to is that we both have ridiculously good taste when it comes to favorite authors. That being said, my favorite author, as well, is Colleen Hoover. Listen, guys, if you have read this blog at all y'all know how much we love her. If you have read any of her books, you don't need me to explain why she is such a fantastic author. Y'all can bet every dime you have that any book that CoHo releases, we are going to read it. I have never felt feels about a book like I have with CoHo's books (minus The Fault in Our Stars). I love her for all of the same reasons as Angela. My tops favorite books by her are different, though. My absolute favorite CoHo books are Slammed and Maybe Someday. They are solid gold in my opinion and if you think differently, we probably can't be friends.

My other choices are:
  • John Green- This shouldn't be a surprise. John Green is in a very close second place. We all know my love for The Fault in Our Stars. No book/movie moves me like that one. Hands down. I don't LOVE all of John Green's books, but I give them all a chance because he is such a witty writer. Seeing his panel at BookCon in NYC is one of the highlights of my life.
  • Sarah J. Maas- The way that SJM writes is so compelling that it is impossible for you not to get hooked. Even with stories like ACOTAR (which I really didn't love.. I'm just not a big fairy tale retelling fan), I loved the characters so much that one became one of my top book boyfriends ever. This lady knows how to do characters.
  • Jennifer Armentrout- No one can write witty, romantic, action, and fantasy like JLA. I don't think an author can make me laugh 'til I cry and then cry until I can't cry anymore like JLA.
  • Sarah Dessen- This is a new one for me! I recently discovered Sarah Dessen over the summer when on my YA contemporary binge. I know one thing for sure- Sarah can crank out YA contemporary romances like no one's business. I don't even have to read the synopsis of one of her books to know I'm going to buy it and love it.
  • Amy Tintera- Is this a surprise? Well, it shouldn't be. Amy Tintera wrote one of my favorite series EVAH, Reboot and Rebel. She is a kick ass writer and is the only author that has ever made me even consider liking cyborg/robotic fantasy anything. Amy has a new book coming out next year in a completely different fantasy theme, and I have only read a small snippet on what is about and you're darn tootin' I'll be reading it! Can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment