Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Six of Hearts by L.H. Cosway

"The world thinks I killed a man, but I didn't. Bear with me. It’s all a part of the plan.

Revenge is what I want. I want it for me and I want it for her.
I want it for all six of us." -Goodreads


"Do your worst, for I will do mine"

Yeah Imma say it.... Magic hasn't been this hot since Harry Potter. It also feels like forever since I've really been excited to write a review! Mark your calendars folks! Today Magic hotness was brought back and a full review will be written!

Six of Hearts was a huge surprise to me. When I read the synopsis I remember hollerin' "HA, CHEESE!". I'm happy to announce I was correct! Because SOH is a fine aged cheese, the kind you find in the fancy cheese case in the deli section of at Harris Teeter. So yummy. This book was unique, fun, and wasn't too heavy on the romance. I know that sentence might be hard seeing, being this book revolves around romance... I stick to what I just said though the alluring pull of the plot and the lusty romance are very well balanced. 

This book will have me leaving a lot plot wise to your imagination. Luckily we can talk about characters. Matilda and Jay; oh how I loved these two. Matilda is working as a receptionist for her father's tiny law firm when Jay, an illusionist, comes in seeking him out to be his attorney. He is wanting Matilda father to represent him in suing an entire newspaper company. Matilda is instantly drawn to this strange bad boy... I mean who wouldn't be with his confident mysterious charm (I know I was). These two of course have an instant bond, that only grows more teasingly good when Jay takes residence in Mat's father's house. I want to just do an entire review where I just quote these two, but then that wouldn't really be a review, but I PROMISE it would be amazing. These two are guaranteed to have you grinning and giggling the entire book. Not only are these two so lovey they are both incredibly charming. They both have such unique character traits and talents that give the both such life. It did take me a little longer to get into Matilda's character than it did Jay's. This has more to do with me than it does with her. I usually like male characters first... and with Jay being so cunning, fine, and hilarious there was really no way around it. Also didn't hurt that ya boy is book smart. Kept imagining him with the attitude of Jesse Eisenberg, but with the face of Alex Pettyfer*schwing*.



The side characters in this book too. Be still me heart! Loved them. Jay's best friend Jessie is great. She funny, blunt, and a good time. But Matilda's best friend, Michelle.... Just killed me. Everything she says had me rolling. I knew as soon as she said "TOLO- Tits Out Legs Open" I was completely sold. Then the drunken scene where they dance and talk in British accents, amazing! The plot of Six of Hearts is good, but it has nothing on it's characters.

Six of Hearts' plot will drag you in as soon as you read the prologue. Right away I was pulled in and was  frantically flipping too get to the end. I had to know how things would end. I was also finding myself excited for something other than romance. I was waiting around for the moments when Jay got to preform and for the two of them just to be talking. I usually hone in on the romantic pacing of a book, but when I realized I wasn't I was actually set back. The romance and big secrets are revealed in the perfect manner. The only reason I couldn't give this book a perfect rating is because I knew what was going to happen at the end. I was hoping for something a little more jaw dropping (the ending is in NO way bad!), but found it a little predictable. That being said there was one thing that I didn't see coming that did shock my socks off a little. Oh and in case you were wondering the same thing I did, this does have the same feel as the movie Now You See Me, yeah which means it's great.



I wish I would have read this book during the summer because I think it'd be the perfect beach read. Not only did this book win me over, but the cover did too. At first glance I thought I hate it, but once I got deep into reading I realized how much I love it. If you're just getting into NA books I think this one would be a good fit and the perfect place to start. I really look forward to picking up more books by L.H. Cosway.


9/10 Stars 
-Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment