Saturday, March 26, 2016

Top 5 Most Anticipated Reads of 2016

2016 is full of new book releases, and there are a lot I’m excited about. I’ve narrowed my list down to my top five choices. Links to the goodreads pages or reviews will be provided just click the title.


A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Release date: May 3rd

The moment I was finished with ACOTAR I was ready for book two. It’s giving me life right now knowing May is right around the corner! ACOMAF is the second book in this epic high fantasy Beauty and the Beast retelling. Never thought I’d be excited about a retelling, but I really am. With how Sarah left off book one it's really up in the air about what could happen in book two.

Other books in the series: A Court of Thorns and Roses


The Last Star by Rick Yancey
Release date: May 24th

The time has come, the 3rd and final book in the amazing alien trilogy is happening. This crazy-suspenseful-multiple pov-series ending is hopefully going to be everything we want. It’s so up in the air about how this will end. I have come up with countless theories about what might happen. Who will survive? The way Yancey writes always pull you in. It this twisting and turning crazy run that has so many holes in it, and then he has it so one crazy thing happens and pulls it all together. Counting down the days until I can get my hands on this.

Other books in the series: The 5th Wave, The Infinite Sea



It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
Release date: August 2nd

My all-time favorite author is releasing (probably) just this one book this year. It End with Us is without a doubt the book I’m most excited for. Every time Colleen Hoover post something about it can already feel myself welling up with tears. She’s made comments about how it’s the hardest thing she’s ever written, it’s the only book that has brought her to tears, and that it’s based off of actual events.

CoHo never fails to make me cry, and my only fear is that this might actually kill me. CoHo is going balls to the wall by deciding to go full on love triangle-ish. CoHo is the only author I have given perfect rating on for every book. Hope IEWU will keep too this pattern. Also just look at this cover! Flawless!


Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas
Release date: September 6th

I was beyond shocked when I saw this book will be under 400 pages! It also terrifies me because that leads me to think the cliffhanger for this book might be the most soul crushing-amazing-mind blowing thing that will happen… I have an ulcer just thinking about it. This is the 5th book in the Throne of Glass series. This is one of my favorite on-going series. This series has everything: romance, assassins, fighting, fantasy, and oh so much more. I think this book is on everyone’s most anticipated list.

Other books in the series: Throne of GlassCrown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, Queen of Shadows, The Assassin's Blade (novellas)



Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
Release date: September 22nd

Six of Crows was my favorite book of 2015, so it should come as no surprise that book two is making my list. I don’t think duologies are done enough so that is only furthering my excitement. This book could be a thousand pages and I wouldn’t even care! I need to be reunited with Kaz and Inej. The fantasy version of Ocean’s Eleven, with mysterious men, amazing character backstories, extreme world building, and strong female friendships. If Colleen Hoover wasn’t putting out a book this year this would be my top pick. May and September are going to be very big months.

Other books in the series: Six of Crows

-Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment