Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren

When Hanna Bergstrom receives a lecture from her overprotective brother about neglecting her social life and burying herself in grad school she decides he's right and needs to start doing more for herself. Only downside is she doesn't really know anyone around her. When her brother mentions she should meet up with their childhood friend (his best friend), Will Sumner, Hanna is thrown back into remembering her giddy school girl crush.... But then again she can't help remember how much of a player he was, and apparently still is.

I really have fallen in love with Christina and Lauren. They always find new ways to bring new spins on old favorites. Their books are ones you go into knowing what you're gonna get, but never seem to care. I always know this is how things are going too play out: 
  • Mans been man-whoring around town going through the his routine. Shower. Work. Bang chicks. Sleep. Shower rinse repeat. 
  • Man meets girl who he thinks is gonna be ordinary. Girl turns out to be special snowflake that changes the way he sees the world. 
  • They deny their feelings for one another. Yet continue to lust hard.
  • Guy screws up. Gets depressed. Doesn't shower for several days. Friends convince guy he is an idiot for screwing up on said awesome girl.
  • Guy sets out too win girl back. Girl might fight feelings for a few pages but eventually caves because hey let's be real ;hes a super successful, deep down sweet guy, who just so happens to look like he has been torn off the pages of GQ who wouldn't say yes. 
  • A crazy event happens that makes them both see they need one another.
  • Couple finally confess feelings for one another and have mind blowing whoppie. 
  • Couple then (or usually) then takes an awesome trip somewhere. 
  • Couple lives happily ever after.
Like I said I know this is how it's all gonna go down AND I DON'T CARE. BECAUSE I TRULY LOVE BOOKS LIKE THAT. Sue me! Seriously, I don't care and I don't think most care. These are still amazing well written and fun reads. Each one I read I love more than the previous. That's how I felt about Beautiful Player. I loved the plot and how they continue to bring pervious books into the new one. I liked they way things played out. The timeline was a little shorter than I liked, but that is a VERY, very minor negative. I like how their relationship played out, and how it both falls apart and then comes together. Too be honest I really enjoyed Hanna but, she's still not my favorite girl from this series (Ruby still is). I do however think that Will might be in a tie for first with Mr. Max Stella. I love the sub characters, especially George who I think should be featured more in every book. Just head over heels for this series, and how easy going it is. Christina Lauren continue to give us sassy plots, loveable characters, amazing steamy scenes, and lovely swoon worthy men. This was a book I found myself staying up really late to read, and bringing around with me through out my day just to sneak in a few pages when I can. And I have felt that way about each one of their books.

I leave you with these two statements... First if you're looking for an easy, fun, girly book this along with their others are for you. Two if you haven't had a chance to read one of their books I feel sorry for you because you're clearly not doing life right.

10/10 Stars
-Angela  

No comments:

Post a Comment