Sunday, April 19, 2015

Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in Florida. With being thrown into a new lifestyle the last thing she expected to start falling for the guy her dad left her to stay with. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting under her skin. He is jaded and has secrets hat will have Blaire wondering what to do next. 

My April reading has started off with a BANG! (Confession I read this the last day of March but after how rough reading wise that month was I refuse to throw it in that month)

I think Fallen Too Far is my new favorite guilty pleasure. Wait, screw that, this is just one of my new favorite cheesy reads, I have no shame in saying it! Loved this book!

In Fallen Too Far we follow the story of Blaire who is trying to pick up the pieces of her life after her mothers passing. This means she has to call the one person she didn't want to, her father. Heading from Alabama to Florida with nothing but beat up truck, gun, and a suitcase, the last thing she thought would happen when arriving to her dad's house was finding out that it wasn't her dad's house. It's her new "step-brother's" house, Rush. 

Rush is the only son of a rock star and his life style shows it. He is a little distant and cold towards her at first, but he lets her stay at the house to figure things out for a bit. Blaire immediately gets a job and starts saving for her own place. Spending so much time together these two start having some rather steamy chemistry (and were not talking school work, wink wink). Even with Rush trying to push Blaire away at the start, and that we know he has some big booming secret, they keep pushing forward. Blaire's character is sweet and nice, but sometimes I wanted her to just grow a pair and stand up for herself. Some moments she would wow me with her behavior and then the next I would be confused from how she went from so strong to so weak. Rush however, whoosh, loved him! I know a lot of reviews are saying he was such a D at first then becomes sweet... I however didn't find him all that douchey. I thought for the most part he was pretty alright. I liked his attitude, his appeal, and the way he always seemed to enter the scene at the right moment. He was a character I didn't think I was going to end up liking when I read the first few chapters, but he changed my mind fast. The scenes between the two of them as well..... HOT. Like need one of those portable neck fans hot. 


The plot surrounds the growth of their relationship, and the "big secret"...  I thought I had figured out what this big reveal would be but I was thrown for a loop when it was finally shown. The story never felt rushed (no pun intended). I also loved the ending. Command Me and Fallen Too Far had very  similar ending, yet this one too me powered over the other. I can't wait to continue this series, and I'm so excited to see where it goes. The only thing I will say about this book is more cosmetic than anything, I hope they re-release this book with a different cover... It does no justice for this read.Just hate it. But personally I'm just really picky when it comes to book covers that have people on them. But seriously this book was just too much fun. 

9/10 Stars 
-Angela  

No comments:

Post a Comment