Saturday, February 27, 2016

Angela's February Wrap-Up

Everybody Sees the Ants- AS King
Painted Faces- LH Cosway
Left Drowning- Jessica Park
The Face on the Milk Carton- Caroline Cooney
Wicked Sexy Liar- Christina Lauren

Tiny numbers for a tiny month.
I just didn't have it in me this month. I was pretty busy with friends, family, going to events, and seeing lots of movies. So when it came to reading I just kind of put it on the back burner. I hate reading so little in a month, but again just wasn't feeling it. I plan on really pushing myself in March and hopefully doubling these numbers.

Going to talk about my worst picks first since I have more of those this month than I do favorites.

Worst Picks: Left Drowning, The Face on the Milk Carton, and Everybody Sees the Ants. I ended up DNFing Everybody Sees the Ants. People have talked my face off about how amazing AS King is, and I sadly just couldn't get into this book. I wish I could say it might be one that I'll visit again in the future but I don't think I will. The Face on the Milk Carton was too me, just boring. Had to push myself so hard to finish it and the ending wasn't enough to make me feel like it was worth it. Left Drowning, I just can't. Every cliché NA book trope was thrown into this book. This book was listed at one of the best NA tear jerkers, and when I finished it I was just angry. Plus it had one of my biggest bookish pet peeves in it.

Top Picks: It's so sad when you only have on favorite to talk about in a month. It's glorious when it is a Christina Lauren book. Yes, Wicked Sexy Liar is my one and only to pick in February. It was amazing!!! So funny, so...Uhhhh, just so everything! It is the last book in the Wild Season Series and it was the perfect way to end this perfect series. It truly had everything I wanted and more. These two writers have no fear in giving the readers what they want. Also with taking previously mentioned characters you thought you'd hated and making you love them.

Well that's it for February. Sorry this months wrap up is so short.
 When this post Leah and I will be at Apollycon in Savanah! So well be covering our trip next month as well... See you in March.

-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment