Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Angela's January Wrap-Up

Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List- Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
Harley Quinn Halloween Special- Amanda Connor
Before We Were Strangers- Renee Carlino
La Douleur Exquise- J.R Rogue
Never Stop Falling- Ashley Drew
The Score- Elle Kennedy
The Choice- Nicholas Sparks
Something in the Air- Marie Landry
Never Never Pt. 3- Colleen Hoover, Tarryn Fisher
Nailbiter-Josh Williamson
All the Rage- Courtney Summers


Well January went by at the speed of light!
As I said in my 2015 wrap up I decided to go a little bit easier on my reading this year. I did still hit double digits so that's an accomplishment. I spent most of January watching Netflix, going to the movies, and starting the new TV season. Lately I've been marathoning Doctor Who, watching the new season of New Girl, seeing The 5th Wave, watching Shadowhunters, and lots more... I did managed to bang out 13 books this month. Reading wise I would say it was about 50/50. Half the things I read this past month were amazing and half the things I read were not. I also read a ton of Ebooks which is a little out of character for me.

Here are my best and worst picks for January.

Top picks: Before We Were Strangers, Never Stop Falling, The Score, and Never Never part 3. Before We Were Strangers crushed me! I was laughing, I was crying, and I was cheering the characters on. Everything I wanted in a book BWWS gave me. Never Stop Falling was a book I was sent by the author for review and I'm so happy about it. I read it right after BWWS and these second chance romances truly made my reading month. The Score... Hello guilty pleasure read. This book and series has hilarious characters, fun plots, and great smut. And lastly Never Never part 3. The final installment in the suspenseful short story series. The ending might have underwhelmed some, but was a complete success to me. I will say I wish it would have been done in four parts that way the little things some thought we didn't get would have been reached.

Worst picks: All the Rage, Something in the Air, La DouleurTwo Girls Staring at the Ceiling, and The Choice. All the Rage had so much hype to it. Why? I really have no clue. I found nothing about it interesting. I would recommend Speak over ATR 100%. Something in the Air was another book I was sent by an author for review. It wasn't a terrible book it just wasn't the book for me and I ended up DNFing it around 45%. It might be something I go back to at a later date. La Douleur is a short poetry book by an author you might not recognize right away... but more than likely you follow her one Instagram. I was really excited to pick this book up and get more of her amazing poems. Sadly I winded up very disappointed. TGSATC is a book I can't say much about. I DNFd it pretty fast. Lastly The Choice. Yeah, you've probably seen the trailer for this upcoming movie popping up everywhere... I might be excited to see the movie but I wasn't happy about the lame predictableness of this book.

See you in the month of love.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment