Monday, September 12, 2016

Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas

Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen, knew the time would soon come to prove just how much she'd bleed for Erilea.”  

Had to give myself some time after reading this epic book, to gather my thoughts, and pull myself off the floor. I think I've had some time to get it together and am finally ready to right a review for this book.

We're pretty deep into the Throne of Glass Series so writing reviews for it are getting harder and harder. It's getting harder to talk about events going on and where are characters stand without spoiling anything. I'm go to try my damnedest not to spoil anything! This will also be a shorter probably super listy reviw (is listy a word??). Also, if you're reading this review pre-picking up EOS and haven't read The Assassin's Blade I would suggest doing so. There are a lot of things and characters brought up in this book that are only in TAB.

This series holds such a special place for so many, and I am one of those people. I love everything about this series and where it's headed. Can't believe this series is almost over.

Everything I liked:
-Manon. I know everyone and their mom has been a fan of Manon since she first appeared, but I wasn't. I didn't not like her, but I wasn't in love with her. I am now! I was waiting for her POVS and events involving her. And there is a lot of Manon in this book.
-Dorian-Rowan Bromance going on. I like all their precious broments. Loved that these two finally got to do some bonding. Dorian is one of the sweetest characters in this series, and Rowan is Bae is I love getting to see these two hang.
-Celaena (Aelin) calling Rolfe “his Pirateness” and wanting Rowan to call her “milady”.
-Celaena's sarcasm hasn't gotten old. If anything it's gotten even better.
-How Rowan is opening up so much! I love Rowan! I love mysterious, powerful men, and with this book I feel like were actually starting to know the real him... and I can't get enough of it.
-The Smut!!!! This book is so hot I think it left grill marks on my hands from holding it. The sexy scenes are..... God they are hot!
-Seeing Dorian and Aelin referred to as the King of Adarlan and Queen of Terrasen.
-The insane amount of world building. It's stunning and phenomenal.
-Chaol not being in the book. I don't think this is a spoiler. However, I think it was a very boold, and smart choice for Maas to do.
-The importance of Rowan treating and presenting Celaena as his equal. This makes me want to cry. Like eyes watering typing this because it makes me so happy. "Rowan Whitethorn saw everything. From the moment he met her, he saw all of Aelin. And he was not afraid. I don’t blame either of them for falling in love. I don’t blame her… I was what Celaena needed after Endovier. But Rowan is who Aelin needs – forever.”
-New love interest.
-SJM love for girl power.
-Epic fight scenes. Including but not limited to sea battles.
I want to talk about 992830980293 more things, but I'll only talk about one more.
-The ending. HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF GOD! WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH THAT ENDING!!! HOW DOES SHE SUSPECT US TO LAST ANOTHER YEAR!!! The ending of this book... it BROKE me! I was gasping for air, I wanted to throw up, and I was sobbing all at the same time. I loved how it brought us back to the first book, while at the same time showing us how far this series has come. Just when I think Celaena can't get any stronger, more badass, or make me fall in love with her more she proves me wrong. Everything about this ending was perfect. It's everything I wanted. Seriously a sobbing mess! I ended up re-reading the last like 20 chapters a few days later, and still knowing what was going to happen didn't stop me from having another complete breakdown.


Everything I hated:
-

Yeah you read that right. I have no cons for this book. Feel so many people are hating on it because of the hype. People love to hate on things. This series though, is outstanding. Sarah J. Maas never lets down.

10/10 Stars

*side note: Dreamcast choices coming soon*

No comments:

Post a Comment