Saturday, September 3, 2016

Mid-Year Book Freak Out

I was actually sent the funniest goodreads message from a friend on the site (thanks Heather G.) asking me to do this post! I've seen it floating around booktube and was really happy getting asked if I could do it! I absolutely love doing tags and seeing tag videos. I think it's one of the best ways to get book recommendation and add to my never ending TBR pile.

As you could guess it's all about your reading year so far. Hopefully this wont be a list of me just listing off one book over and over again! *fingers-crossed*. If I have a review for the book I'll link it with the title.

1) Best book you've read so far this year?
A House in the Sky by Amanda Lindhout


2) Best sequel you've read so far this year?
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas 


3) A new release you haven't read yet but want to?
Nevernight by Jay Kristoff (is this out yet?)


4) Most anticipated release for the second half of the year?
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo


5) Most disappointed book you've read so far this year?
There's a few: Taking Chances by Molly McAdams, The Glittering Court Richelle Mead, and A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir


6) Biggest surprise?
Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino and A House in the Sky by Amanda Lindhout


7) Favorite new author?
Tarryn Fisher.after reading Mud Vein I have basically added every single one of her books to my TBR.


8) Newest fictional crush?
Rhysand from A Court of Mist and Fury (didn't like him in book one), Sam from The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas, and Luke from Wicked Sexy Liar by Christina Lauren


9) Newest favorite character(s)?
Nick from Never Stop Falling and Griffin from History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera


10) Books that made you cry? 
Guess I choose the ones that made me cry the hardest; wont lie a lot of books make me cry... it would be It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover and History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera


11) Books that made you happy?
The Force of Gravity by Kelly Stevenson


12) The most beautiful book you bought or received this year? (cover)
I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios. I can't get over this cover! If you see it in person it's so stunning. Also so fitting. 


13) What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
How much time do you have...
Besides the obvious ones (Crooked Kingdom and Empire of Storms):
Beautiful by Christina Lauren, The Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll, and Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes 

 

14) Favorite current book community members?
The Slutty Book Club is my favorite thing right now! They have some of the funniest videos I've watched. Their under the covers segment where they read the steamiest lines from books kills me.


-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment