Monday, September 29, 2014

Leah's September Recap


-Black City by Elizabeth Richards
-Throne of Glass by Sarah Maas
-Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah Maas
-Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre
-Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey
-Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
-Alienated by Melissa Landers
-Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
-Demonglass (Hex Hall #2) by Rachel Hawkins
-Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
-Forest of Hands and Teeth
-Pawn by Aimee Pawn
-Uninvited by Sophie Jordan
-Phoenix (Black City #2) by Elizabeth Richards**

**This book has a star beside it because I am in the middle of it, but temporarily broke up with it so I could start another. I promise I'll come back and finish it later!!

So in upcoming months we will post book reviews as we finish them and then at the end of the month we'll post our monthly book haul recap. Since we didn't start the blog until almost the end of this month, we're going to do it a little differently then we will in the future. This month we're are just going to post our list and then in the next few weeks we'll back track and post reviews for September books on here. BUT at the end of all of our monthly book haul recap posts we will crown the winner of our favorite book of that month!

Also, Angela and I will do separate posts with our individual book recaps because with the amount of books we each read... Well, it would be a ridiculously long post if we tried to cram it all together. So y'all get a special treat of getting an individual post from each of us that shows our own person tastes! Enjoy!

September's Favorite Book-

This was a really hard decision for me because I was really torn between two books, but one book stood out so much that there was no way I couldn't pick it.

Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey

This is the sequel to the 5th Wave that came out last year, and I am not exaggerating when I say it is absolutely amazing. If you liked 5th Wave then you will LOVE this book. Rick Yancey took me to a darker place than the first book but I enjoyed it so, SO much more. Like the 5th Wave, the book switches perspectives with each section.

The biggest difference is that the character Ringer is a huge part of this book. A lot of the book is from her perspective so you really get a good look at her back story (her family, how she earned her nickname, etc.) and it really helps you appreciate her character and what she brings to the table. Zombie, Poundcake, Nugget (Sam), Teacup, Vosch, Evan, and of course Cassie are still big parts of this book as well. There are a few new characters that are introduced (one word: Razor.. OMG) that completely help this book go from awesome to AMAZING.

I sat down intending to only read a few chapters but ended up finishing the whole thing in about 3hours. It is so action packed and the ending......... holy cow. That ending. I was in tears and in shock and just O M G. It is one of the best endings I have ever read in a book. The fact that I have to wait almost an entire year to get book year 3 and get some resolutions makes me want to throw myself on the floor and have a freak out. GO BUY THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW.


Stay tuned for a post about what I have coming up in October. It's going to be an extra special month for sure. :-) Can't wait to share it with y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment