Sunday, August 2, 2015

Fractured Suns by Theresa Kay

While Jax and Lir fight separate battles, their missions have more in common than they realize. It’s a race against time to stop men driven only by greed and power. But the people they trust the most might be the very people working against them—and "family" doesn't mean what it used to. Will they recognize their friends from their enemies in time to save the people they love or will they lose each other in the process? 

Just gonna go ahead and get this out of the way... Fractured Suns does not suffer from second book syndrome... it was AMAZING!!!!  

The Broken Skies Series is a true hidden gem! This is a series that is WAY under-hyped! Theresa Kay makes writing look easy. Fractured Suns is the second book in the Broken Skies Series and again doesn't disappoint. When Theresa contacted us again to review her second novel I have "give me hands" flying all over the place! I knew I needed it but had no clue how much I was going too get out of it. Fractured Suns picks right up where Broken Skies ended. I'm going too keep this review 100% spoiler free because if you cant tell by now I'm very pro team-read this series.

We have Jax our leading lady. She continues to be a strong willed, stubborn, powerhouse of a heroine. She is such a strongly written female character and in this book we continued to get so much out of her. With her new found strength and power she really becomes a force to be reckoned with. Then we have Lir, who really steps up his game in this book. He is strong, supportive, swoon worthy, amazing male character. Since this book is written in dual POV (100% A POSITIVE THING FOR THIS NOVEL) we get so much more out of both these characters and it made their stories intertwine so seamlessly and it really pulls this novel together. Their relationship is just such a joy to read and get to experience. Though their relationship, of course, is a fictional one it feels so real. They are still new to it and are learning that trust and communication is the key to getting past anything. These two together have me head over heels with being head over heels in love. They have sky rocketed and easily have become one of my favorite book couples. I can't wait to see where they're relationship heads in book three. Especially with how the story is left off.

We also have a lot more secondary characters in this book. Sadly, I wont get to mention all because some are new players. We do however get a lot more Rym time! Which made this girl a happy camper. LOVE HIM!!! and his horrible comic timing. We also get a lot more Jace and Flint. These two characters were ones I knew would be important, but going into this book had no true sense on how much we were going to get out of them. Their characters took this book to a whole new level! (I wish yall could see my face right now.... It's.... Ugh... My mouths open my hands are fan-girl flapping around... I'm struggling to form actual words!) These two... Just wow. These characters are what would have made this novel a "make-or-break" for me. They made this novel.

The best part of Fractured Suns in my opinion is it's pace. You're never overwhelmed by one certain aspect. It has the perfect mixture of action packed scenes, romance, character development, and set this series. Even the scenes that are not fast paced action moments are still filled with amazing Easter eggs and little hidden treasures. Wait, did I say the pace was my favorite part?... I might have lied, the plot twist was my favorite part. Trust me when I say you think you'll have the "big reveal" figured out.... BUT YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!! You might be right about a few things that will happen, but you still wont be ready for what happens. I thought I knew exactly where this book was headed... but when the actual twist happens... I seriously jumped off the sofa, started throwing pillows around, pulling my hair, and then balled my eyes out. I'll never again make the mistake of turning my back to you Theresa, because it's clear you're not above shoving a knife into it and then twisting!
 

What an amazingly perfect, gripping, and heart breaking twist... No, not just twist, but story. This series needs to be on shelves everywhere and moved to the top of your TBR list. Theresa was clearly born to write. She is a writer I could easily see slip into other genres like New Adult and Contemporary and again make it look like she has been doing it forever  

This is a knock out novel and series that continues too surprise me. Fractured Suns will have you paying for the whole seat... but you're only going to use the edge of it.

10/10 Stars 
-Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment