Saturday, April 9, 2016

Angela's Spring Favorites

It's that time again! My seasonal favorites list is here. I love doing this post because I don't just get to talk books, I also talk movies, television, and events. These are the things that made my spring. This will be covering my favorites from the beginning of January to the end of March.

Top Spring Reads:

These are my favorite reading picks of the spring. They’re books I gave perfect ratings to on both goodreads and on our blog. This list will only include new fresh reads for me and no re-reads. (this list is in no particular order.)

A House in the Sky by Amanda Lindhout- Amanda was kidnapped and held for ransom for 460 days in Somalia. While there she was beaten, tortured, starved, and raped. This beautiful memoir recounts her time spent being held hostage. This would hands-down be my top pick and will probably be one of my favorites this year. I would recommend this to anyone.
The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas- This is a bind-up of novellas for the Throne of Glass Series. These stories are the perfect introduction to the series and were a reminder of why I love these books and Sarah’s writing so much. This bind-up follows Celaena Sardothien as she becomes the world’s most feared assassin and how she ultimately ends up in Endovier, a salt mine prison.
Killing Sarai by JA Redmerski- This Savage style book is about Sarai a young woman who seeks help from a mysterious man to escape being held hostage from a drug lord. I have no clue why I liked this book so much. This is usually something I would tear apart, but for some reason I ate it up.
Wicked Sexy Liar by Christina Lauren- My favorites list wouldn’t be complete without a Christina Lauren book. London and Luke meet under tricky circumstances and things only getting trickier as they get further into a relationship. This book is funny, cute, and hilarious. Christina Lauren always bring something new and fun to NA romance and they did it again in this novel.
The Score by Elle Kenney- Allie is trying to recover from a broken heart when she has a one-night stand with Dean. The man-whore hockey star who seems to have everything together. When these two start an unlikely relationship they will have to learn how to love and grow together.
Never Stop Falling by Ashley Drew- Cori and Nick grew up being best friends, but after some shocking news the two end up apart. This second chance romance and debut novel had everything I wanted in a NA read. Plus it's cover is stunning. 
Before We Were Strangers by Renee Carlino- Matt and Grace meet when they both start college and are staying in the same dorm. Grace is a mess while Matt knows what he wants in life. When life starts taking over and the two part it seems unlikely that they will ever see each other again. That is until one-day Matt sees Grace on a passing train. This novel had me balling, laughing, and falling in love with their love.

Favorite Spring Movies:

The 5th Wave. Aliens have landed on earth and have started taking out the planet in stages. They only made one mistake and that was not killing Cassie Sullivan when they had the chance. Now she’s out for revenge and to save her brother. Even though critics have been harsh on this movie I absolutely loved this book to film adaptation. Before the movie was even casted I wanted Chloe Grace to play Cassie, and she wasn’t the only perfect casting pick either. Alex Roe as Evan Walker and Nick Robinson as Zombie both knocked it out of the park. Can't wait to buy this when it comes out.
Deadpool- Of course Deadpool is on this list! Unless you’ve been living in a hole then you know why it’s on here. Ryan Reynolds has redeemed himself when it comes to super hero movies! He is allowed to stay. Basically Deadpool gets cancers-goes in for experiment testing-things get messed up- and bam he's out for revenge. This movie was action-packed, hilarious, casted perfectly, and was the perfect viewing length. I hope they make 17 more of these.

Favorite Spring TV Shows:

Outlander Season 1- Good God were has this show been all my life!! Jamie and Claire SWOON! I can’t remember the last time I loved a show so much. Claire ends up accidently going back in time and winds up in Scotland. This is where she meets rebel and outlaw Jamie Fraser. This show is everything! There’s so much suspense and pain and ugh it’s just terrific. This isn't just one of my favorite shows of the spring, it’s become one of my favorite shows ever. AND the new season starts tonight!!!!! I just can’t! This show gives me all the feels... ALL OF THEM!!! This is a must watch for fans of the book or of the Game of Thrones franchise.  
The Walking Dead Season 6-  Everyone in the world is watching this show. It’s TV crack, and after so many years we’ve all become so attached to these characters. If for some reason you don’t know this show follows a group of people after a zombie outbreak has occurred. This season had us on pins and needles. I know I might be one of the few, but I absolutely loved the ending! Just think how amazing and how freaking crazy the start of the next will be. I need more Neegan!  
Love Season 1- This new Netflix original is about how awkward relationship, especially unexpected ones, can really get.  Even though I think the start of this series was a little bit stronger than the ending I still found myself constantly laughing and binge watching it non-stop.

Favorite Spring Music:

Hamilton- If you follow me on anything than you know how OBSESSED I am with Hamilton. This musical follows the life of Alexander Hamilton… I know, I know sounds crazy but I swear it amazing. Everything about this musical is important right down to its casting. I haven’t stopped listening to this since February. The only time this has left my CD player is if I am changing to disk two. If you haven’t had a chance to listen than you’re really missing out. PICK IT UP!
Hailee Steinfeld- She’s made my list before but this time she’s on it for a completely different reason… She has done the most stunning cover of James Bay’s Let It Go. She has a very interesting sound, and I think as an artist she’s still figuring out her sound, but this cover really showcases voice. Look it up on youtube if you haven’t heard it yet.

Favorite Spring Event:
Apollycon 2016- This is still a newer book event, but with it being held in Georgia we decided to pack our bags and give it a go. We were so happy we did too! This event was probably one of the most successful ones we’ve ever been to. We signed up for VIR tickets which gave us access to enter the event an hour early… this was awesome! It gave us enough time to see every single author we had planned on, and then some. Also we were never rushed or in a hurry to get from one location to another. All the authors are in one area signing at the same time. We loved the fact that we didn’t have to rush our time with the authors either. We had time to talk to each one and the authors didn’t seem in a rush either. We also got to go to an after party were all got to eat, be part of giveaways, and mingle with the authors from the event. Also the food there was so yummy! I don't know who picked it all out, but high five because you crushed it. 

This event was so much fun! I would love to be able to go to this event again in the future.  It was 100% worth the time and money if you ever get a chance to go don't hesitate.

-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment