Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Cover vs. Cover Part 1

This is something we talk about all the time... US versus UK covers. Which ones are better??? As book nerds there are times we will go out of our way to get our hands on a UK version of a book series. So we decided we should make a post and battle the UK and Us covers. 
Since we live in America those choices will appear first (top/left) and the UK covers will show next (bottom/right).

The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan


        

 Angela: I think the UK version are a little more immature compared to the US.
So I'm going with the US covers with these.
Leah: I like the US covers more because they give you a better story
of the plot with the illustrations. 

A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab


Angela: This is a close one but... The UK cover.
Leah: The UK Cover. I love how it shows Kel as one
person but has each world apart of him somehow.

Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas



 Angela: No completion. The UK covers. Obsessed with white covers.
Leah: Love love love the UK Covers. They are actually one of my
all time favorite series covers ever.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins


Angela: Is this a real question?! The UK cover.
The real question is why is the guys face missing in the US one?
Leah: I think these were both US covers at one point if I remember correctly (the first was the original cover and then was re-released), but I definitely could be wrong. Regardless, I like the cover with just the words so much better. The first cover looks like it should be a cheesy cover on a 90s VHS.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor



Angela: I don't really understand the US covers... Then again the
UK covers don't really fit either. But there's no competition the
UK covers are stunning.
Leah: I haven't read this series, so I have no idea how each cover plays into the book.
That being said, I really like the UK covers. They would be really pretty framed.

172 Hours on the Moon Johan Harstad

Angela: I'm currently reading this and the version I own aren't either of these lol.
The US cover gives me chills so it's my pick.
Leah: I haven't read this book either, but the US cover looks creepy AF so that is my pick.

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare


        

Angela: UK covers! Lets be real... we might love the
US covers, but they are really cheesy.
Leah: The UK covers are so beautiful. City of Glass is my favorite!!
I love how detailed they are.

Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini


Angela: Again dem white covers got me. UK cover has my
vote.
Leah: Definitely the US cover. I like how it gives you a glimpse at the plot whereas
the UK covers make you think this is going to be a harlequin romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment