Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Favorite First Part Two

Sometimes all it takes is a killer opening line or paragraph to get you hooked on a book; and so we're giving you some of our favorites.  
For part one just click here. 


"The air in the room tastes sterile. The lingering scent of bleach is mixing with the fresh white paint on the walls, and I wish my teacher would open the window to let in a breeze. But we're on the third floor so the pane is sealed shut-just in case anyone gets the urge to jump." -The Program by Suzanne Young

"'Just breathe, my mother would say. Ten tiny breaths... Seize them. Feel them. Love them." -Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A Tucker

“Once upon a time, an angel and a devil fell in love. It did not end well.” -Daughter of Smoke and Bone by
















What do you think it takes to reinvent yourself as an all-new person, a person who makes sense, who belongs? Do you change your clothes, your hair, your face? Go on, then. Do it. Pierce your ears, trim your bangs, buy a new purse. They will still see past that, see you, the girl who is still too scared, still too smart for her own good, still a beat behind, still, always, wrong. Change all you want; you can't change that." -This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales 

"Late in the winter of my seventeenth year, my mother decided I was depressed, presumably because I rarely left the house, spent quite a lot of time in bed, read the same book over and over, ate infrequently, and devoted quite a bit of my abundant free time thinking about death." -The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 

"They say that just before you die your whole life flashes before your eyes, but that’s not how it happened for me." -Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver 

"The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle." -Paper Towns by John Green


No comments:

Post a Comment