Saturday, April 16, 2016

When We Met

"When four girls decide to live off campus together as juniors at a college in Michigan, they expect it to be their best year yet. Little do they know, it’s a year that will change the rest of their lives." -Goodreads

Behind Her Eyes by A.L. Jackson

Misha struggles to get over an awful incidence with her ex boyfriend. She becomes withdrawn from everything around her. She just wants to get her life back on track. When she meets her stubborn neighbor Darryn she knows things are never going to be like they were before. Behind Her Eyes started off great. Darryn was probably one of my favorite males of all four stories. Misha however was a bit of a problem for me. Something about her just didn't click well with me. I don't mind "weaker" people but I found her to be a little unbelievable. I actually found the whole thing with her ex a little over the top and made it hard for me to fully into the story. Darryn is such a sweet leading male character and I enjoyed his pov over Misha's. The romance between Darryn and Misha is definitely the highlight of the story.

4/10 Stars

Saving Me by Molly McAdams
Indy is slowly self-destructing. Going from one low to the next. Kier has a weekly routine of saving the girl next door. Indy however can't seem to remember who Kier is. This is another story that started off really strong then slowly got a little "unrealistic". Indy was comical and I liked that Kier wasn't typical. He isn't like a lot of other NA guys. He is quite, and more reserved. The way these two are introduced was adorable but when the twist happened the story went downhill for me.

5.5/10 Stars

Fouling Out by Tiffany King

Courtney is use to dodging passes from jocks who frequent the sports bar she works at. However when her childhood best friends appears in and tries to ask her out she doesn't know what to do. Dalton will have to prove he isn't the person others think he is to win her heart. This is in my opinion where the novel starts getting good. The first two stories were just ok, but I really enjoyed Fouling out. Courtney and Dalton's relationship is adorable. Courtney is hilarious and Dalton matches her so well. The little dare and the quite dates left me wanting more. This was the first time while reading this book that I actually was sad when it ended and wanted more.

9/10 Stars

Beneath Your Layers by Christina Lee

Chloe a fashion college student has the biggest final of her life coming up. To pass her internship she must team up with Blake. Blake, a college drop out turned construction worker, only sees Chloe as a well dressed snob. When they start spending time together they start to realize that the two might have more in common than they ever thought. This was my favorite story in the entire bind-up. I wanted this to be a full story. I liked the idea that Blake wasn't in college and really didn't have any links to the other characters in the book. Plus he sounds stunning and super sweet. Chloe was charming, witty, and I couldn't get enough of her.  Blake was fresh and brought something new to New Adult. And the two together was phenomenal. The romance is steamy and the dates are fun. I really do wish this was a series. I wish we could have gotten more of their back stories and way more time with these two. I could take two hundred more pages of this any day.


10/10 Stars

I hear there are going to be more bind-ups like this in the future, and I really look forward to it.
Overall I would give this book

7/10 Stars
-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment