Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Too Late by Colleen Hoover

Sloan will do anything to provide for her little brother, and she does. Forced to remain in a relationship with dangerous Asa Jackson, Sloan feels like she's trapped and living in hell. She knows she can get through it though and nothing will stand in her way.

"and that's where love finds you... in the tragedies."  

Colleen Hoover has finally finished Too Late and the complete story is up on Wattpad. I’ve been waiting for what felt like forever to finally get to read the whole thing. After she posted a sneak peek of the first few chapters awhile back I knew I would have to get my hands on it once it was done. Last night I sat down and read the whole thing in one sitting because I couldn’t put it down.
I’m really excited about the upcoming release of Coho’s new book It Ends with Us because I hear it’s from three point-off-views. I’ve never read a Coho book where she has done three perspectives before, so when Too Late ended up having it I was really excited. Felt like it gave me a little taste of what’s to come with IEWU. Too Late follows Sloan, Carter, and Asa. Sloan is a very smart, determined, and quick witted character. She wants a life far better than what she has been given and will do anything to obtain it. She’s working so hard not just to take care of herself, but to take care of her brother as well. Carter (Luke) is so compassionate, intelligent, and for sure swoon-worthy. Almost right away we find out that he is basically pulling a 21 Jump Street and is undercover attending college to investigate some drug deals going on… You can probably see where this is headed. Asa; the drug dealer brooding bad boy, and Sloan’s boyfriend. God I loved how dark Colleen took his character.  Actually she takes the book (in my opinion) a lot darker than she usually does, and again liked that she stepped outside of what she usually does. I loved hearing Sloan’s torn thoughts, Carters sweet positions, and Asa’s crazy.
It’s pretty clear that since there are three povs that there will be a bit of a love triangle… I will say that there both is and isn’t one. It’s also crystal what side Collen wants you to fall on, and that’s Carter’s. Trust me when I say it’ll be almost impossible not to. The relationship between the two is so cute. They have this little sentence game they play together and at first I think it was kind of cheesy, but once I figured out the meaning behind it my heart shattered. Also the first time the two meet it had me blushing and laughing so hard!
Since this isn’t a long novel there won’t be a lot plot wise I can discuss because of spoilers… but what I can say, besides being a bit darker, is that it is action packed and suspenseful. You never know what is going to happen next. Colleen manages to keep up on the edge of our seats all while giving us her classic romcom style writing. Too Late’s plot just keeps building and building, of course leading up to the big Coho twist we all know will happen… and when it happens…

I was so floored… completely thought things were headed in a different direction! I remember screaming “Holy Jesus what just happened!?”… Things just get insane! Love it too! After reading that last chapter I knew that this wouldn’t be long enough. Oh, and where the F is my epilogue!??

I had a blast reading Too Late even though it gave me the worst anxiety ever.

10/10 Stars
-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment