Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Angela's August Wrap-Up

Warm Bodies- Isaac Marion
No Country for Old Men- Cormac McCarthy
Every Last Breath- Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Heart of Betrayal- Mary E. Pearson
Saga Volume 1- Brain K. Vaughan
Saga Volume 2- Brain K. Vaughan
Saga Volume 3- Brain K. Vaughan
Saga Volume 4- Brian Vaughan 
Y: The Last Man Volume 1- Brain K. Vaughan
Torn Hearts- Claire Contreras
Black Out- Robinson Wells
You- Caroline Kepnes
Diamonds- K.A. Linde
Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone- J K Rowling (re-read)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets- J K Rowling (re-read)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- Jk Rowling  (re-read)
Stolen- Lucy Christopher
The Statistically Probability of Love at First Sight- Jennifer E. Smith
Twilight- Stephanie Meyer (re-read)
New Moon- Stephanie Meyer (re-read)
Heir of Fire- Sarah J. Maas (re-read)

Though I might have hit double digits for reading in August if you can't tell there seems too be a small reoccurring theme... A lot of the books I read this month were re-reads, books to film, and/or graphic novels. Basically August was a struggle reading wise. I couldn't seem to focus or get into anything really deep. Honestly, I did fall really deep into watching Pretty Little Liars on NetFlix... However, this doesn't mean the things I read were as weak as I was.

Of course my favorites this month clearly include any book I re-read. How could I read the Harry Potter Series and Heir of Fire and not love them??? Yeah, it would be impossible. I figured I knock of Heir of Fire with Queen of Shadows coming out today, and of course I still loved it, still cried, and still fell apart reliving it. My pre-order can't come in soon enough. But enough talk of re-reads. My favorites this month that I haven't read previously are: Every Last Breath, Saga 1-4, Y: The Last Man, and Torn Hearts. ELB is the third and final book in The Dark Elements trilogy by Jennifer Armentrout and it was my favorite of all three books. Such a great conclusion to a wonderful, fun, and sexy series. Jlaw gives us a gripping story with a love triangle done right. Torn Hearts the novella by Claire Contreras was a big surprise. I believe they are calling this a "first read" because it will slowly be released over a period of time then become a full novel. I flipping loved this. The characters were fun and it was a book that I didn't think I was going to enjoy... but whoosh I am so excited to get my hands on the full length novel. Next are the two graphic novels I read. Saga was a complete mind blowing experience, and if you're looking for something different look no further. Y took the "plague" idea and gave it a new refreshing spin. I would recommend either series to comic lovers who haven't yet snagged these up.

You, Stolen, and Diamonds might not be my favorites this month but all three were so unique, different, thrilling, and creepy. I can't not mention them. You by Caroline Kepnes is an adult fiction novel where a man starts stalking a women after she comes into the book store he works for. Stolen by Lucy Christopher is about a young female who is kidnapped while at an airport and forced to live with a stranger in the desert. She slow develops what would appear to be Stockholm syndrome. And Diamonds by K.A Linde is the sexy NA book that I both loved and hated, didn't want to continue, but yet couldn't put down. A 17 year old girl starts a relationship with a wealthy strange and shiz hits the fan.

For the books that I didn't fancy this month I have only one. Black Out by Robinson Wells. 
I tried so hard to get into this book but just couldn't. It had so much potential but it never sank it's teeth into me... Therefore I ended up DNFing it a little over half way through with much disappointment. Nothing is better than when you buy a book for it's cover then it knocks it out of the park... Sadly Black Out struck out.




No comments:

Post a Comment