Thursday, September 17, 2015

The Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

We are so excited to do this tag! We were tagged a few times on instagram so we thought it would make for a better post. Please don't hate us or get offended if we don't like a book or series that you loved... Agree to disagree right??

A popular book series that you didn't like?
Angela: Daughter of Smoke and Bones by Laini Taylor. The writing is beautiful... but still a no for me. My second choice would be Beautitful Disaster by Jamie McGuire.... No! Just no! Hate this book.
Leah: It isn't a series yet, but I did not like The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh. I couldn't get into it at all and didn't like any of the character. This drops me down into the 1% of readers everywhere, but I'm okay with that. Oh, and pretty much anything by Lauren Oliver.


A series everyone hates that you love?
Angela: The After Series by Anna Todd. HATE ALL YOU WANT! I really am past the point of caring.
Leah: OMG so many. I love loving series that other people hate! It just fuels my love more! The biggest and most obvious, though, is Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Haters going to hate, but don't act like y'all haven't read all the books or watched all the movies.



A love triangle where you didn't end up liking who the lead ended up with?

Angela: The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo.... This opinion really isn't an unpopular one. I love well written love triangles but this... Just no.
Leah: This is a hard one. I am going to go with the freshest book in my brain at the moment and say The Jewel series. Sure, it isn't over yet so we don't know exactly how the big thing will end but we have a pretty good feeling that Violet will keep on keepin' on with Ash. *barf* Oh! Another one is (an I know this is widely unpopular) is Clary and Jace. I just shipped Simon and Clary so hard!
 
  
Popular book genre that you rarely reach for?

Angela: YA contemporary. I usually find myself dragging through these. Plus most I find predictable and boring.
Leah: I'm not a big NA fan. I prefer YA contemporary romance where it is all sunshine and teenage drama or fantasy/high fantasy where I can be transported into another world completely. I like a good scandy scene as much as the next girl, but NA can just be TOO much scandy for me. It's like where the plot? Oh we don't need one HERE'S MORE WIENER!

A popular character you don't like?
Angela: Gansey from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. The first book was fine but by book two I was over every character in this series.
Leah: Another hard one! Blue from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. Actually, I hated the book completely, so I hated all the characters in it equally. I really, REALLY don't understand why this series is so popular.


A popular series you have no interest in reading?
Angela: Anna and the French Kiss. Really don't think I'll ever pick up a Stephanie Perkins book. They seem so cheesy, and not the good kind of cheese.
Leah: The Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. Ok, pretty much anything by Scott Westerfeld.


 Movie adaptations that were better than the books?
 Angela: I have two choices-Love, Rosie. I really enjoyed the book, but the movie surpasses it by a long shot. It was just amazing. The other choices is Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. The book came nowhere close to the amazingness the movie had. Balled my eyes out.
Leah: Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl. The book fell very much into the "meh" category, but the movie was absolutely of the charts. I laughed until I was crying and then I cried until I just couldn't. It was fantastic.

  
Book tropes you're tired of seeing?
Angela: When there are two best friends in a series and one is in love with the other but it'll clearly never happen. Like why can't someone write two best friends that can be the opposite sex (hey even same sex) and they just always be friends. No seriously, they don't have to fall in love.
Leah: Main characters that are completely oblivious to major things happening around them. Let's take my beloved Twilight for example. How long did it take Bella to figure out the truth about Edward and Jacob? Get it together, girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment