Friday, December 26, 2014

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover

Sydney becomes captivated by Ridge, her mysterious neighbor from the other side of the apartment complex. She can't stop listening to the passionate way he plays his guitar every evening out on his balcony. There's also something about Sydney that Ridge can't ignore either. When a series of events brings them together, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one.

"I need someone who is willing to watch me brave the ocean and then dare me not to drown..."

First off December has been the month for good reads. Everything has been so good! Second I've been on a total Colleen Hoover kick. Third I think going into a book completely blank and with the smallest amount of information about the novel is the way to go. 

I picked up Maybe Someday only knowing that it was a story about a girl who falls in love with her musician neighbors and I assumed they hit it off. This book was so surprising. The story and the characters were SO far off from what I thought. All were such a pleasant surprise. 

Sydney and Ridge’s story was so different, and so original. It’s going to be so hard to review this book due to the fact that something right away was such a surprise. I'm going to give NO hint too what it is regarding because not knowing. and the fact that others kept it such a secret really made this story amazing.

This book seriously starts off with face punch. Literally. Sydney catches her boyfriend of two years cheating on her. With her best friend/roommate.
When her neighbor broke the news to her about her friends romance she ends up staying with him and hes roommates. The two bond over music and instantly become very close.

She becomes a muse to Ridge, and helps break his writers block. From there a friendship starts to become more than that. 

They however try so hard to keep it platonic, because Sydney clearly just got out of a tough relationship, and because Ridge has been in one of his own for years. This is the thing about Maybe Someday that I loved. It was all about building a friendship then turning into a relationship. It's so hard to say it wasn't a typical relationship because it's not but at the same time it is. The characters are both so well written. I love stories where either the girl is super sassy, and/or the guy is kind of a jerk turned nice guy... Neither of them are these things and I thought I was going to hate that... NOPE. They are nice, compassionate, natural people. 

Colleen Hoover is the Queen Bee of building up stories, sprinkling it with little surprises, then when she thinks you're not looking she reaches into your chest cavity and pulls out your heart.



When she finally has everything presented to you and door A and Bs are set in front of you, you wont know how to feel. This was another one of her books that I didn't think I would end up so upset over, but I was. I was on a roller-coaster of emotions. I didn't think Hoover could surprise me any further than she did with Ugly Love, she managed to do so much more than that. Every sentence down the the very last word was so poetically and beautifully written. Not kidding, the last sentence of this book couldn't have been more perfect. May Someday is yet another book this month that will be moving to the Hall of Fame Shelf. Yes it was just that good. I will continue my Hoover obsession and will be purchasing anything she puts out in the future. 

10/10 Stars 
-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment