Monday, December 8, 2014

Mockingjay Part One

We went and saw Mockingjay the day it premiered because we absolutely COULD.NOT.WAIT. We got tickets to the first showing possible so we were able to get in at 8pm to see it. After a little bit of theater drama (bought tickets for the wrong theater so had to basically fly to the other theater to make it on time), we made it and got good seats. The whole time we were waiting we were both FREAKING out with nervousness and excitement.

We won't say too much because we don't want to spoil it for anyway else, but THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME. It was super action packed and had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I was so stressed and was reliving all of the emotions that I felt when reading the book.. All of the drama from the rebellion, the fear/hatred of President Snow, and the worry for Peeta.

The biggest change that I saw that I remember being different from the book (granted it has been a little bit since I finished the series so my memory is spotty) is Effie. I don't remember her being in District 13 at all in the book, but in the movie she plays a major role. In the movie she basically does for Katniss what she does in the other movies, she advises her and helps her be beautiful and fashionable. Personally I LOVE Effie's character. I love how dramatic and ridiculous she is. Even in District 13 where everyone is made to look alike and wear ugly jumpsuits, Effie finds ways to add sparkle and still look like she could walk down a runway. I love how sassy she is, but she knows how to get the job done.

Also, another big change that I remember is when Katniss is listing off her conditions for her to be the Mockingjay, she leaves out the part about how she is the one that is going to kill President Snow. She names all of the others- rescue the victors, pardon the victors of all their crimes, and Prim gets to keep her cat. I've read a few articles that have said that they may have left this part out since it is a two part movie and they may focus more on it in the big finale part two.

Overall, the movie really exceeded my expectations. I laughed, I teared up, and I nearly bit off all my fingernails in anticipation. I can't wait to see it again!!

Have you seen it yet? What are your thoughts? Did you notice anything else that was changed? Leave us a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment