Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Inexcusable by Chris Lynch

Keir Sarafian knows many things about himself. He's okay with being just above average. He is a talented football player, a loyal friend, a devoted son and brother.  He is just overall a good guy. Yet the love of his life thinks otherwise. Gigi says Keir has done something awful. She accuses him of raping her. Keir doesn't understand. He loves Gigi and would never do anything to hurt her.

Inexcusable is a the store of Keir recounting the events leading up to that one fateful night, in order to uncover the truth. Did he or did he not rape Gigi?! This book had me confused on so many levels. I didn't know how to feel. One moment I as so convinced that he didn't do it, then the next I was determined to uncover that he did do it. This isn't a fasted paced loved story, it's more of a who'd-done it. If that makes sense. This review wont be long and it wont be detailed because I feel like this book is one you need to go into with no preconceived notions.

The main character is (obviously) Keir, all other characters are just sub. Keir is such a puzzle. I have no idea if I loved him or hated him... Even after I finished it. This book took me down a path I had never been down. The way Lynch presents this novel too us by showing us both the light and darkness too each side of a story, is what will have you feeling something you haven't before. Inexcusable is a novel I think I can't decide how to feel about. I don't know if I loved it or hated it. The riddler way it's written had me falling hard for it, but at the same time I felt that there was something else I needed to give this a higher rating. 

How Chris Lynch could write such a short novel, say so little words, and yet leave you so bone chilled is beyond me... This book will have you wondering if you sometimes see yourself as something other than what you really are.

 A book that will have you guessing till the VERY end. I have no idea how I feel about this book, so pretty sure Lynch did what he set out to achieve. Inexcusable  left me wondering what just happened to me and what the hell did I just read.  


If the middle of this book was as strong as the end this would have been a ten star book...

8.5/10 Stars 
-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment