Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White

The Chaos of Stars by: Kiersten White

Isadora's family is seriously screwed up which comes with the territory when you're the human daughter of the ancient Egyptian gods Isis and Osiris. Isadora is always living in shadows of someone so when she gets the chance to move to California with her brother, she jumps on it. She slowly learns through drama and complications that there is no way to have a clean break from your family.

I was so interested in this book because the cover art so is amazing on it. Then I saw all the mixed reviews around it and thought mmm this is even more intriguing to me. So I picked it up... and read... and read... and read... Then found myself looking for excuses not to read it. I became very bored with this book pretty fast. The reason I was so bored with it was because it was predictable and bland.

The leading lady is Isadora who is the mortal daughter of two Egyptian Gods. Since her family has had little a million kids she makes it VERY clear that she is over looked and normal. When I say VERY I mean VERY to the point where you'll wanna pull your nails off because it's rather annoying.

She moves out and goes to live with her brother in Cali, where she gets a job at a museum... Queue in convenient hottie in 3, 2, 1. Orion or Ry who just conveniently has the same name as the constellation she is always talking about. How... Yes convenient.

Then of course they can't be together but will try to find a way to make it work. Then White tries to throw in some Greek mythology. Oh and the hot mess express just arrived bring in the rest of the story.

Though the concept behind this star crossed love story was amazing it just didn't follow through. This story is sprinkled with some beautiful quotes.... Like this:

“I didn't fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we'd choose anyway. And I'd choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I'd find you and I'd choose you”

Don't let your panties drop just yet, because the bad puns really overshadowed everything. I think if I heard "Whore Us" one more time I might just lock myself in my own tomb and die. Not only is the story over shadowed by bad puns the author felt it necessary to body shame pregnant moms everywhere.
 


This didn't flow well. It was (for me) really hard to get through.
Overall I can sum this whole story up for you in a short sentence. Two hotties fall in love mainly because they are both flawless hotties.

Your Welcome

3/10 Stars
-Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment