Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Unremembered: by Jessica Brody

Unremembered: Jessica Brody

When Freedom Airlines flight 121 went down over the Pacific Ocean, no one ever expected to find survivors. Which is why the sixteen-year-old girl discovered floating among the wreckage alive and completely unharmed is making news. She has no memories of boarding the plane. She has no memories of her life before the crash. She has no memories what so ever. No one knows who she is, and DNA populated no answers as well. Seraphina struggles to piece together her forgotten past and discover who she really is. With every clue only comes more questions. Her only hope is a strangely alluring boy who claims to of known her before the crash and says that they were in love. But can she really trust him? And will he be able to protect her from the people who have been making her forget?


ugh... WHY WHY!!! WHY!!! was this book so utterly predictable!!!

This girl (Seraphina) woke up from a plane crash and can't remember anything... I find that odd because it only took me to page 23 to figure everything out; why couldn't she!! I wanted to love this book but my eyes nearly fell out from rolling them so hard. First off I'll start with the "romance" part of this book... The two star-crossed lovers have absolutely no sparks between them. Their romance is more than unbelievable and weak. You want me to believe that this guy loves this girl even though they barely know each other and most of their time spent together is in brief flashbacks....


NO.
The story relies to much on the romance that doesn't live up to what it could have been.

Now to the "plot" part of this book... This book is suppose to be SCI-FI as well, yet nothing scientific is explained. The first half of this book is alright. The second half of this book is a delivery from the hot mess express. The characters in this book are boring as Hell. I can't even remember the love interest name I think it was like Zen or Sen or something lame, and I only remember the girl's because it was so dumb. If I had to read one more time about how this girl had a face sent from the heavens or eyes like oh my god again I was going to run out in traffic. This story also tries to work in time traveling and FAILS times ten on doing so. Then, as the truth started coming to light, I found myself more and more disappointed by the revelations. I want an author to have things come together and make sense or at least trick me into thinking that they do. Oh and considering the second half of the book is where the action is, that doesn't exactly speak well for it. Nothing about this book comes together. The plot, characters, and world building all fall short. By fall short I really mean there's really nothing at all to any of them.

This books title is Oh so fitting.

2/10 Un-Stars 

-Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment